Please forward corrections through the Contact page.
The history of Poplars Golf Club dates back to 1958 and course pioneers Harvey Austin and Jack Lee. Opening as a 9-hole course in the summer of 1960, the club changed hands in June of 1987 with a purchase by the present day owners. Since then the Gorman family has been nurturing the growth and development of the course, a family venture that has spanned over 25 years.
In 2002 the Whalen farm was purchased from the Masterson's, enabling the expansion of the club from 9 to 18-holes. Kevin Holmes, who had already completed some wonderful architectural work designing other Ontario courses, drew up the design. Pure marble boulders, some as heavy as 6,000 lbs., were moved into place as fairway markers. These gorgeous stones were transported from Perth, Ontario, where they claim to have the richest marble deposit in the world and ship the majority of it in large, diamond-cut blocks by ship to Italy. Campbell Monuments of Belleville were hired to sandblast the hole layout details on 18 markers. On a clear summer's day you'll notice how these exquisite white stones glitter in the sunshine, some with a twinkle of soft rose or blue hues.
By 2005 the expansion was complete and the following year a driving range was added alongside the proposed site of the clubhouse, which celebrated its grand opening in July of 2008.
Rate the Course
Send Scorecards to: Golf in Canada.ca
3037 Quail Run Avenue
Ottawa, ON K1T3S1
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Foggy starting in the evening.
Mixed precipitation (2–7 cm. of snow) starting in the afternoon.
Rain in the morning.
To request a review of this course, please visit the Contact page.